Pumpkin Pie Cookies

I found some more free time, so I decided to do more baking and another blog post! As we are getting closer to Halloween, I wanted to make a recipe that had pumpkin in it. I should have made a more Halloween inspired recipe but maybe I can squeeze another baking session in before then, but for now we have a Pumpkin Pie cookie!! As soon as I saw this recipe, I knew that I had to try it out and I didn't really make that many changes except for using pumpkin pie spice instead of just cinnamon and nutmeg. If you can't get pumpkin pie spice, it is very easy to make your own, I make my own from the last 4 ingredients on this recipe, you can change the quantities of the spices but keep the proportions the same and you have what they sell in some shops as pumpkin pie spice. These cookies turned out very moist and cake like, very yummy!

Recipe inspired by Very Best Baking
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 cup pumpkin puree

1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract

Glaze:
1 cup icing sugar
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Steps:
Preheat oven to 175C/350F. Grease baking sheets. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt in medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Mix together all ingredients for the glaze and drizzle over the cooled cookies.





Happy Halloween!

0 comments:

Post a Comment