Bake a Cake in a... Mug!

I received this tweet from one of my followers! I have heard of recipes to make a mug cake in the microwave but never tried making one. I sent this Molten Mug Chocolate Cake recipe to @fauxpaschick last night. She tweeted back later saying how great it turned out and is even going to add in different flavours. So I thought I should try the recipe out and see how it goes. Here is the result of my cake in the mug.



 Recipe
Courtesy of GoodFood BBC
Ingredients:
1 coffee mug
4 Tbsp. cake flour (plain, not self-rising)
4 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. cocoa
1 egg
3 Tbsp. milk
3 Tbsp. oil
Small splash of vanilla




Steps:
  1. Add dry ingredients to mug, mix well with a fork.
  2. Add egg, mix throughly.
  3. Pour in milk, oil and vanilla, mix well.
  4. Put mug into microwave and cook for three minutes on 1000 watts. Cake will rise over top of mug. Allow to cool for 2 minutes.

Mixed and ready for cooking

Just out of the microwave

Flipped onto plate and cooling

Ready to eat!


Not the prettiest cake but super easy to make and very tasty!! It tasted great on its own very moist and spongy. Next time I would maybe serve it with some cream and caramel drizzled on top, custard, or a dollop of peanut butter cooked in the center. This recipe is perfect for when you are craving cake and just want a small serving for 1! Try it out with your own modifications. Let me know how yours comes out!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to make this. Totally gonna add a caramel drizzle on top. I wonder if you drizzled the caramel at the bottom of the mug then added the batter how it would turn out once microwaved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea put some caramel in the bottom!! sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this, when I used your recipe I added marshmallows and it was amazing!!! I also found a vanilla version of this and it turned out wonderful! Check it out http://wp.me/p1tzgu-4e

    ReplyDelete