Easy "Sopapillas" - Tortilla style

We were having a Mexican themed night with friends last night and I wanted to make a quick easy yummy dessert. All I could think of was a sopapilla style dessert, I love them... a mix of cinnamon, sugar, sweet pastry, honey, and cream. I haven't had them for years and I found some pretty cool recipes inspired by the sopapilla dessert. I needed a quick easy recipe and found cinnamon sugar tortilla chips and I thought they would be yummy served with freshly whipped cream and honey to dip them in. Time got away from us and it was late and we were still full from our dinner that I ended up not making the dessert. I still wanted to try out the recipe, so I woke up this morning and got started on this easy recipe. They were fun to make, so simple but very yummy! This recipe might sound strange but try this one it, I think you will like it!

Recipe inspired by Food.com
Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
8 flour tortillas
6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Serve with:
Freshly whipped cream
Honey


Steps:
Preheat oven to 175C/350F. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon and set aside. Cut tortillas into triangles and brush one side with the melted butter. Dip the tortilla butter side down into the cinnamon sugar and place the tortilla triangles sugar side up on the baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp. Serve with freshly whipped cream and a good drizzle of honey. 



4 comments:

  1. The recipe does sound strange but looks amazing. I'm sure it tastes good too - cinnamon, honey, sugar whats not to like? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. U can make an awesome thing like this... with white bread dipped in melted butter then cinnamon and sugar and bake roll up the bread before dip in butter

    ReplyDelete