National Cupcake Week: Very Chocolatey Cupcakes with Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting

So, I finally got a chance to make some cupcakes this week. Wish I could have made some everyday for National Cupcake Week but I have been too busy! My friend from work, Becca, is moving to Australia and she had a leaving party last night. I wanted to make some cupcakes for her so I quickly whipped up 24 very chocolatey cupcakes with marshmallow buttercream frosting. I used the Hummingbird Bakery basic chocolate cupcake recipe but the batteries died on my scale as I was measuring the cocoa powder, so I have no idea how much cocoa I actually put in the cupcakes! It was more then the recipe called for, hence the new name very chocolatey cupcakes. I also tweaked the buttercream frosting recipe. The cupcake recipe can be found in the Hummingbird Bakery: Cake Days book, it is full of lovely and tasty recipes! Here is my recipe for the marshmallow buttercream frosting.

Recipe
Inspired by Hummingbird Bakery
Ingredients:
500g icing sugar
160g unsalted butter
2Tbs whole milk
1Tbs marshmallow syrup
1/2tsp vanilla extract

Steps:
  1. Put all ingredients into a large mixing bowl except the icing sugar. 
  2. Slowly add in the icing sugar in 3 batches, mix in very well! 
  3. Ready to frost 12 cupcakes.








2 comments:

  1. Marshmallow Syrup ? What is Marshmallow syrup and where can I find that in Canada :) Because now I need to make this icing. Your cupcakes look like the perfect cupcake for Ryanne's Baby shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya! here is a link to some sold in Canada: https://culturedcoffeebean.com/shoponline/product_info.php?cPath=61&products_id=554

    Hope you can get it in time to make some for Ryanne's baby shower!

    :)

    ReplyDelete