Blueberry Muffins with Yoghurt Icing


I was sent a lovely package from www.mybakes.co.uk a few weeks ago and I have been wanting to try out the items ever since. Today, I decided to bake Blueberry Muffins and use the Simply Melt Yoghurt Buttons sent to me. On the back of the package was a recipe for Blueberry Muffins and I thought I would try that out too. So, are you wondering what I thought of the yoghurt buttons?! They made a lovely icing for the muffins, great flavour and a nice addition to blueberry muffins. The recipe for the blueberry muffins was very good as well. I will definitely be using this recipe and the yoghurt buttons again, just need to find a place that sells them! I think they might just have to send me some more, until I can find them locally. If you see them in your local shop, you should definitely give them a try. Or in the mean time, if anyone has a yummy yoghurt icing recipe to send me, I would love to try it out.
Recipe 
Inspired by mybakes.co.uk 
Ingredients:
2 eggs
240ml milk
120ml sunflower oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
200g granulated sugar
375g plain flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
175g blueberries
1 x Renshaw Yoghurt Simply Melt
Decorate with a few extra blueberries


Steps:
  1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F
  2. Place the eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla extract and milk in a large mixing bowl and quickly beat together.
  3. In another bowl, thoroughly mix the flour, salt and baking powder.
  4. Add the dry ingredient mix to the liquid, and roughly mix it in - it does not have to be absolutely smooth.
  5. Stir in the blueberries.
  6. Fill a muffin tray with paper muffin cases, and then fill each case to near the top with the muffin mixture.
  7. Bake the muffins for 25 minutes.
  8. Allow the muffins to cool before decorating.
  9. Melt Yoghurt Simply Melt following the guide lines on the packet and drizzle over the cooled muffins.
This completes number 32 of My 100 list!

1 comments: