Visit to Georgetown Cupcake


After watching their TV show and hearing good things from friends, I really wanted to try out Georgetown Cupcake. It was actually the first stop of our visit into the city. There wasn't a line out the door, so we were right in! There were so many yummy flavors to try out and I follow them on twitter, so I had the secret free flavor of the day to try as well. I tweeted the sisters telling them we were coming but they didn't respond, maybe meet them next time. We got four of the free secret flavor, coconut lime, and then ordered half a dozen: pumpkin spice, chocolate peanut butter swirl, red velvet, chocolate & vanilla, and chocolate ganache. I wish I could have tried all of them as they looked amazing. Out of the ones we bought, I tried the coconut lime, pumpkin spice, and chocolate peanut butter swirl. They were all wonderful. I really loved the secret flavor, coconut lime, great combination of flavors that I will have to recreate in my kitchen. I would also like to try making a pumpkin spice cupcake with yummy maple frosting. The chocolate peanut butter swirl was good but it was my least favorite out of the three I tried. The peanut butter filling in the middle was a bit too much.














I really enjoyed our visit to Georgetown Cupcakes. It is probably a good thing that I don't live in the Washington DC area anymore as I would have lots of cupcakes to exercise off! Maybe on our next visit, the sisters will give us a VIP tour. Until then I will keep baking... maybe one day I will have a shop of my own.






















1 comments:

  1. All pictures taken by my husband, Shane! https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Qk8l-FntH0NOCxChAFTxiA?feat=directlink

    ReplyDelete