First Order Completed!

I received my first official order from a friend at work for her daughter's 18th birthday party. She wanted 60 cupcakes and some kind of American theme, as that was the theme of the party! I have never made that many cupcakes before but was ready for the challenge! We decided on making an American Flag out of cupcakes! Here are some pictures from the order!
Everything needed to make 60 cupcakes!



Icing sugar went EVERYWHERE!



I was really happy with how they turned out and loved doing it! R.I.P. hand mixer, it couldn't quite handle the 5th batch of thick buttercream frosting! I really need to save up for the stand mixer, so I can do more orders!

7 comments:

  1. They look great Mike! I like the icing sugar signature too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda MilheiserJuly 25, 2011 10:23 pm

    They look awesome! You should totally save for the stand mixer if you are pursuing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, im so impressed by your cupcakes, how do you make them all so regular and neat? Have added you to my blogroll

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gill!
    Thanks for the compliment.I would say practice but I only practiced once the week before. It's me trying to be a perfectionist! I am now following your blog as well.

    -Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the first order Mike! The cupcakes look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!! Hope to do more baking soon!

    ReplyDelete