Food Bloggers Unplugged


I got tagged by Alison from hungrysquirrelcakes, so now it's my turn to tell you all a little about myself!

What or who inspired you to start your blog?
 I was inspired by all the other great food bloggers out there. I love checking out food blogs and thought to myself "I can do that" and share my baking with the world. So I started Mike's Baking, earlier this year, to document my journey in the baking world and share great recipes. I also like to experiment with recipes and wanted somewhere that I could refer back to when making the recipe again. I had no idea that so many people would find my blog and that it would connect me to the great foodie community.

Who is your foodie inspiration? 
I have always loved watching cooking shows, even as a kid. I would say my first foodie inspiration was Rachel Ray, I used to watch her on the FoodNetwork before she was super popular. I loved her ideas and her simple recipes, I was addicted to watching her shows. Then Nigella came on the scene and I fell in love with her ideas as well. I also love Ina Garten, Jamie Oliver, Giada De Laurentiis, Paula Deen, Sandra Lee, Curtis Stone, and many more.

Your greasiest most batter splattered cook book is?
At the moment, it is my Hummingbird Bakery: Cake Days book!

The best thing you have ever eaten in another country, where was it and what was it?
Ok I have to admit to having a gelato addiction... When I was 16, I went on a trip with my uncle to Italy for 3 weeks in the summer. Nearly everyday I was trying out all the yummy flavors, my favourite being apple. I don't really like ice cream but I love gelato, read the difference between the two here. Since then I have been back to Italy two times and of course had lots of gelato. Last year when we went to Greece, what happened to be just outside our hotel, a gelato shop and I went everyday, twice a day! Now I just need to find somewhere in England that does good gelato.

Another Food Blogger’s table you would like to eat at?
I would love to eat at another Mike's table from Verses From My Kitchen, I love his photography and food ideas.

What one kitchen gadget would you like Santa to bring you? (money no object) 
I want a completely new kitchen!! I already designed it on Ikea... okay so that isn't a gadget. I really want a stand mixer and I think Santa will be bringing it. ;-P

Who taught you how to cook? 
The FoodNetwork! hah!

I’m coming to you for dinner, what is your signature dish? 
Oh that is a hard question... I don't really have a signature dish as I love trying out new recipes all the time.

What is your guilty food pleasure?
I love all different kinds of flavored nuts... the last ones I had was Fennel Seed and Honey Peanuts. They were AMAZING! 

Reveal something about yourself that others would be surprised to learn?
I don't really like frosting! SHOCK! When I was a kid, I would always scrape the frosting off cakes. Even now I don't like a lot of frosting on cakes. Of course I like my own though... it's pretty good stuff! :-P

And now I have to tag five other Food Bloggers to answer these questions:
  1. I Want To Bake Free
  2. Preheat the Oven
  3. BakerStreet
  4. Recipes From A Normal Mum
  5. Mis Pensamientos
 

1 comments: