San Francisco Pork Chops

This recipe is a flashback to my childhood, I loved when my parents made it and I always requested it. I haven't made this one in awhile but it popped into my head and making it always makes me think of home. It has one clove of garlic in it but as you can see in the picture on the right there is a lot more. In fact, I used 3 cloves of garlic because I LOVE GARLIC and it goes perfectly with this sauce.  I also like to double the sauce because it is that good, but it's up to you if you want to double it. You can also use chicken instead of pork, it taste great either way. I like to serve on pasta with a side salad and some garlic bread. It is super easy to make, so try this one out and let me know what you think!

Recipe
Ingredients:
4 pork chops. 
1 Tbs oil 
1 garlic clove,sliced 
2 Tbs. sesame oil 
4 Tbs. dry sherry 
4 Tbs. soy sauce
2 Tbs. brown sugar 
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes 
2 tsp. cornstarch 
2 Tbs. water 




 Steps:
  1. Trim pork chops of fat. 
  2. Heat oil in skillet. Brown chops on both sides. 
  3. Remove and add a little more oil if needed.
  4. Saute garlic for a minute, being careful not to burn it. 
  5. Combine sesame oil, sherry, soy sauce, brown sugar and red pepper flakes. 
  6. Place chops in skillet. Pour sauce over them. Cover tightly. 
  7. Simmer over low heat until chops are tender and cooked through, 25 minutes. Turn once halfway through cooking time. 
  8. Remove chops to platter. Stir in cornstarch dissolved in water. Cook until thickened. 
  9. Pour over chops and serve on a bed of pasta. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment